Sara has several years of marriage & family therapy and counseling work experience. She has worked in non-profit crisis settings, provided intensive in-home child and family therapy, coordinated trauma treatment groups in Dane County schools, and provided therapy in both outpatient clinic and private practice environments. She has a strong working knowledge of resources and mental health systems in Dane County for children and families.
Kind Therapy opened in January of 2015 after Sara decided she wanted to offer tailored therapy services to individuals, couples, and families in a small, inviting, and personalized environment. She continually strives to provide a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all.
- Master’s Degree (2012): Community Counseling (M.S.), Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy from University of Wisconsin—Whitewater
- Bachelor’s Degree: Child Psychology (B.A.), Minor in Family Social Science from University of Minnesota—Twin Cities
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT): WI #988-124
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC): WI #5387-125
- Nationally Certified in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TFCBT)
- Completed Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training through Postpartum Support International and 2020 Mom
- Completed Postpartum Support International Advanced Psychotherapy Training
- ACT Raising Safe Kids Certified Parent Facilitator
- Completed Gottman Level 1 Clinical Training for Couples Therapy
- Certified Gottman Bringing Baby Home Educator
- Certified Prepare/Enrich Facilitator for couples
- Completed Level 1 Multidimensional Family Therapy (MDFT) 2 Day Intensive Training
- Completed Brainspotting Phase 1 Training
- Clinical Member of American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Wisconsin Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Member of the Madison Area Parent Support Postpartum Collective
On a more personal note...
I enjoy spending my non-working hours with my family. I am happily married to my husband and I'm a proud mama to two children. I feel most grounded when I am in nature, and I make it a priority to spend time outside everyday, regardless of the weather. I can often be found exploring local hiking trails, camping in Wisconsin State Parks, snowshoeing in the winter, gardening, cooking, and visiting local restaurants. I love travel and visiting different states and countries whenever I have the opportunity.